The 2014 Chuck Mickley Memorial Scholarship
The Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club announces a scholarship for licensed Amateur Radio Operators.
NAME OF FUND: Chuck Mickley Memorial Scholarship
PURPOSE OF FUND: To further the education of and honor a student who holds a current Amateur Radio license.
For more information contact:
P.O. Box 5471
Beaverton, OR 97006-5471
OTVARC Scholarship Committee Chairman
The application form may be found here.
The Chuck Mickley Memorial Scholarship
1. A Sum of $1,000.00, subject to available funds, donated annually by the Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club, provides funds for this scholarship.
2. The selection process will include reviewing individual applications and interviews of the finalists by the Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Radio Club Scholarship Committee.
3. In order to be eligible for the scholarship, an applicant must:
a. Hold a current valid Amateur Radio License, any class, issued by the
United States Federal Communications Commission. Priority will be given
to Amateurs who are active in Amateur Radio related activities in their
b. Plan to be a full-time student (at least 12 credit hours).
c. Currently have a cumulative high school or college GPA of at least 3.00 out
of 4.00, or equivalent college entrance requirements.
d. Plan to enroll, or be enrolled, in a 2 or 4 year degree program at an
accredited college or university. Priority will be given to those with a
college major in the fields of:
Physical Sciences, Math, Engineering, Computer,
OR, Education in
one of the above.
e. Be a U.S. citizen. Priority will be given to residents of Oregon counties
Clackamas, Multnomah, Washington and Yamhill.
f. Have been a well-rounded student and participated in other school and
4. The first half of the scholarship money will be paid in August directly to the applicant upon proof of acceptance to the college or university program. The second half of the money will be paid directly to the student in December upon proof of satisfactory completion (GPA of 2.00 or better and student in good standing) of Fall quarter with at least 12 credit hours.
5. The scholarship will be null and void if not used within fifteen months of the notification of the winner.
6. The scholarship recipients are encouraged to maintain contact with the Oregon Tualatin Valley Amateur Club to advise them of their academic progress while attending college or university.
7. Applications are due by March 31.
8. All correspondence or questions regarding this scholarship should be directed to:
P.O. Box 5471
Beaverton OR 97006-5471
Download Application Here (Right Click and Save)